pools turning yellow

Old 07-20-05, 01:28 PM
cailou
Visiting Guest
pools turning yellow

Hi just wondering if anyone knows why my pool water is turning yellow. Just starting the process of setting up my new pool. Yesterday I added miradic acid, algicide, stabilizer, and stain preventor. Last night I added calcium chloride. This morning when I woke the water was quite clear so I proceeded to vaccume. The water clouded up a little because of this. A couplke hours later I noticed in the deep end the water was getting yellow colour, within 10 minutes the whole pool was turning. I tested it with my little chloreing, P.H tester and all is fine. I backwashed the filter and all kinds of reddish rusty colour stuff came out. After it cleared I put it bACK on filter and waited 30 minutes. It is just getting worse. Any help out there please!!? By the way it was filled from our well?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-05, 02:08 PM
cailou
Visiting Guest
45 minutes later and is getting even darker almost black

Old 07-21-05, 11:45 AM
me too!

We too filled our's from a well.Clear up until I started vaccuming and adding chemicals.But-it took me over a month to fill since our well is low yeilding.I put chlorine in it when it reached 1/4 capacity and no discoloration until it was full and I vaccuumed and added chems.Our's isn't black,but a cloudy greenish/yellow.It is only 24 inches deep and 1400 gal.I know our ph is high for the well,so I adjusted it.The alkalinity was high also,so I adjusted it as well. I went to shock it and still no improvement.I first started by cleaning the bottom of algae before all these steps,and cleaned the filter numerous times to no avail.It is cloudy enough that you can't see 7 inches below the surface.Let me know what you here.But there is one thing we both have in common and it is well water.Maybe something to do with that?Check your alkalinity and see if it's high.I am not sure what role it plays in shock treatment,but I do know p/h levels should be in their range for shock treatment or other chems to perform their function.Let me know the outcome.You can also check my post from yesterday(cloudy green water).I too have inquired but only one question response on filter type.Keep me updated if possible and we'll do the like.

Old 07-21-05, 12:02 PM
cailou
Visiting Guest
well I shocked it again last night (twice the norm) By morning a noticible difference. what ever was in there is begining to settle. Hopefully my worries are clearing up. So strange to have a nice clean pool and 3 hours later scared to go in cause I cant see the bottom of shallow end. By the way my pool is 18 x 36 square L 22000 gallons.

Old 07-21-05, 12:29 PM
me again

Just found a great website !Perfectpoolandspa.com . Hope it can help.