Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Leave water in kids vinyl pool over winter?

Old 07-21-05, 10:37 PM

Can you leave h2o in a small vinyl pool over the winter?Our well is low yielding so it takes forever to fill(over a month).Is the water still ok next year if we do decide to do this?With the proper chems and maintenance of course.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-05, 11:12 AM
I'd drain it, vinyle will crack, then you will have a bigger issue. Plus the water would be pretty bad in the spring. ( you also have to worry about expanding of the ice)

I'd upgrade your well . You can also always buy water to re-fill the pool later ( if it is not that big).

Old 07-22-05, 11:48 AM
Vinyl or not?

I am not sure if it is vinyl or not.I want to say it is a heavy mil type rubber or plastic.You blow up the top outer ring and fill .The problem we had this year is that nobody will fill a pool due to the drought conditions in our area(NE OHIO) and people's cisterns come first. Not to mention that the only company to deliver in this area has a long wait list and will never call back.We are lucky to have any water in our area,many people live off of cisterns here in the Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park.Thanx for your reply

Old 08-03-05, 03:02 PM
I would definitely NOT leave the water in through the winter. I know the pool's you're talking about (I have one myself) and they can't be viewed the same as regular pools. They just aren't.

Gosh, it literally takes you a MONTH to fill the pool? And yours is much smaller than the one we've got...and it takes us 2 days or so to fill it (with occasional shutoffs for showering, doing laundry, or when we're going to be away from the house for awhile & don't want to leave a running hose unattended, etc.). Yikes! That's some seriously bad water pressure.