Above ground pool inground??

Old 07-24-05, 04:12 PM
mattysmom
Visiting Guest
Question Above ground pool inground??

Does anyone know if you can partially sink an above ground pool? I don't want it to look obtrusive, and I want to put a deck around it, but don't know if a pool place does it? Does anyone have it or have seen it done??????

Old 07-24-05, 07:37 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,626 Likes on 1,460 Posts
I've never seen it done before and I don't think I'd try it. Above ground pools are designed to contain the water pressure pushing out but they have nothing to resist the pressure of soil pushing in. If you do try it, I would definitely have it filled with water before backfilling and never drain it. My bet is that the backfill (dirt) will push the sides of your pool in.

Old 07-24-05, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My former Brother-in-law put his pool 3 foot into the ground (4' pool). He DID NOT put dirt up against the pool sides. This was Florida so the soil was sand. It soaked up rain and overflow from splashing so he didn't worry about the sides rusting. He then built a deck 10' around the pool which was 1 foot high. If you do not have proper drainage the supports and sides will rust from rain that isn't taken away from the pools sides. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: