Is my inground pool slanting downhill?

Old 08-06-05, 03:02 PM
JanG
Visiting Guest
Is my inground pool slanting downhill?

A reputable pool builder has built my pool to the stage just before adding the pebble tech surface and then filling the pool. The pavers are in around the pool so it is easy to see the line of the pool.

My neighbor says it looks like one side slants down hill so that when filled with water the deep end may not be as deep as it's supposed to beand it could expose the pebble tech, which must not be exposed to air after the water is in.

Visually, my neighbor seems correct. We can't get string to stretch tight enough to prove anything. A small level seems to indicate it's minutely out of plumb.

What can I do to prove my point before confronting the builder? Thanks JanG

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-05, 03:20 PM
I moved your post because Bloopers and Blunders is a Non-interactive Forum and no one could answer your question there. Good luck.

Old 08-06-05, 05:32 PM
If I were a betting person Id bet on the contractor , however if not knowing is killing you obtain a lazer level and have at it, or simply fill a clear plastic tubing with water fasten one end at the tile line or make a mark at some point say 1 inch below the underside of the coping take the other end to the farthest point you want to measure, as water seeks its own level the height of the water in the tubing should be the same as the other end , in this case 1 inch below the underside of the coping.

steve

Old 08-08-05, 03:07 PM
I agree with stevie3x on this one, get some clear tubing fill it with water and make sure there are no air bubbles in the line and that will show you your level.

Old 08-13-05, 07:04 PM
Cool slanted swimming pool.

I totally agree with Stevie & pool guru! If you don't want to buy a lot of clear tubing, use garden hose and attach small lenghts of clear tubing on each end with tape. Make sure you put the two ends together after filling "water level", make sure both ends are correct, (an air bubble will give you an incorrect reading. I have helped build many lathe and plaster commercial store ceilings using this procedure.
Good luck~
rio frio

Last edited by rio frio; 08-13-05 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-05, 07:49 PM
A water level? I never heard of this but it sounds like a great idea. How long a hose can you use?

Old 12-04-06, 08:54 PM
Yep

I bought one of those in 1976, the two pieces screw onto the garden hose with a 1/4 turn valve, and caps that keep the water from leaking out when trying to move around. This is a two man job though.

Old 12-04-06, 10:09 PM
Wink

A water level? I never heard of this but it sounds like a great idea. How long a hose can you use?

AS long as you want just get all the air out of it. Or you could rent a Transit and check it out that way.

I like the Diamond Bright that they used in my pool in Fl. Thats what they use the most of the time there

Old 12-06-06, 09:15 PM
water level

the great thing about a water level is that you can make refrence marks of level around corners...you don't need a line of sight