Katrina Damage

Old 09-04-05, 10:41 AM
Unhappy Katrina Damage

I have a 20 x 40 inground liner pool.
During Katrina a tree fell on my house and in my pool. I have several holes in the liner now and appear to have a hole in my fiberglass steps which are built into the shallow end. I think the space behind the steps was backfilled with sand. Can these steps be replaced or is my pool a total loss?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-05, 07:05 PM
its hard to diagnose with out being on site, however the steps should be repairable using fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat for strength, you may or may not be able to purchase new steps due to age and manufacture,

the holes in the liner should be fixable, there are patch kits available that will seal under water ask around.

steve

Old 09-07-05, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by stevie3x
its hard to diagnose with out being on site, however the steps should be repairable using fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat for strength, you may or may not be able to purchase new steps due to age and manufacture,

the holes in the liner should be fixable, there are patch kits available that will seal under water ask around.
steve

The liner is toast (ripped) and will have to be replaced.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 09-07-05, 12:28 PM
kirkeric
Visiting Guest
How big is your rip?

You might be surprised at the ability to patch holes.

By the way - regards on the mess that Katrina has caused.

Eric

Old 09-07-05, 05:04 PM
Have great insurance, don't really want to patch holes. We've done it before.

Thanks on the storm comment.
I live east of Baton Rouge, west of New Orleans. It's surreal what has happened. Helicopters are flying over our house every 5-10 minutes all day every day. Due to the influx of people (Baton Rouge population has doubled) we're still having shortages of normal everyday supplies like gasoline, milk, bread etc...
Compared to what the guys east of me are putting up with, I have absolutely no problems.
People in the Big Easy are tough & fun loving, they'll get through this fine.