Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Can I place above ground pool 2' in ground?

Old 09-05-05, 10:12 AM
pbbnhs1981
Visiting Guest

I want to install a pool adjacent to my deck which is 2 feet above the ground.

I only want to install a small 12' x 17" x 48" pool.

I was thinking the easiest way would be to remove 2' of dirt and then install an above ground pool level with my existing deck.

Does anyone know of any 'issues' or problems this may pose? Can I back fill any dirt against the pool walls? please help, lost in pa. thanks

Old 09-05-05, 11:47 AM
gregwing
Visiting Guest
My friend did just what you are asking about and it worked great. Make sure you dig level to the clay then use a packer. You can put some dirt around the pool but remeber that if there is no water in the pool it will colapse the side as the preasure is more. Just add water first then add the dirt back but remebr that if you ever drain it the dirt could push the sides of the pool in.

I think it will work great. His is way better dug in then before as it is more level and on solid ground.

Greg

Old 09-05-05, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My Brother-in-law sank his but left about a foot from the edge of the hole to the pool sides. He was worrid that it would rust the sides out. I agree with that thinking. He built a deck all the way around the pool so the void did not show from above. Hope fully you will have some type of protection from weeds growing into the bottom or sides of your pool. Good luck with your project.

Old 09-24-05, 09:05 PM
Darryl41
Visiting Guest
Smile Above ground pool in-ground

I would contact the manufacturer of the pool product you intend to install and find out if their product can be installed in that manner. You should also keep in mind any warranty you may have on the pool product especially if the product is only to be installed "fully above grade." Any burying of the product may void any warranty opportunities.

Keep in mind also the pool walls will be in contact with the dirt and the chemistry of the dirt may prematurely deteriorate the walls so you will be digging it up in 3-4 years to replace.

Old 10-03-05, 06:59 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Dont do it! I had my first pool 9 years ago installed by "professionals" so i thought it was ok that they put part of the pool in the ground (cuz pool was on a hill)

Paid extra money for the lifetime pool! 9 years later the pool collapses!

What a mess! Not repairable either

Since there was only rot on the wall parts that was under the ground it had to be because of that yet nobody would take responsibility for it

That was a live and learn the hard way kinda thing!

I shoulda went with the cheaper less years warranted pool! LOL i coulda saved ALOT!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: