excavating for new pool

Old 10-17-05, 02:08 PM
stacey8144
Visiting Guest
excavating for new pool

Hi there! I am going to be a new pool owner and would like to know first off how to dig out for the pool. It will probably be a round 24' so how far outside of the 24' do we need to dig? Also, I was told by a residential excav. that he normally slopes down toward the center about a foot and then fills with sand. Is this correct? I was under the impression that you simply dig flat and layer with sand. Please help...

Stacey

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-05, 12:53 PM
kirkeric
Visiting Guest
Stacey,

I'm not the expert but I recently read enough information I think to answer part 1 of your post. They dig about 2 feet or so larger to allow for plumbing lines to be installed. Given location and routing of lines, you could probably minimize that some on a round pool.

Whatever you do, don't skimp on on cheap PVC by putting skimmers on same side.

Eric

Originally Posted by stacey8144
Hi there! I am going to be a new pool owner and would like to know first off how to dig out for the pool. It will probably be a round 24' so how far outside of the 24' do we need to dig? Also, I was told by a residential excav. that he normally slopes down toward the center about a foot and then fills with sand. Is this correct? I was under the impression that you simply dig flat and layer with sand. Please help...

Stacey