Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

A real tough problem with Gunite pool....

Old 10-30-05, 09:10 PM
JTC
Visiting Guest

My pool has been out of order a few years. I now have a very large crack in the side and it goes right up through the skimmer and deck. It's at least an inch or two wide at the top and tapers down to a small crack near the bottom of the side. I'd like to bring this back up but want to get an idea of what's going to be required to fix a crack like this and also any guess of the cost of repair. I know it's going to be involved but I don't intend to replace the deck, just cut out a section and repour or fix the crack. The rebar is still intact in the pool wall but not in the busted deck section. I want to do the repair right and not just slap some sort of repair on that won't last. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-05, 02:40 PM
Your best bet would be to hire a professional. If you DIY purchase guaranteed products from a local pool supply. Repairing crack does not address the issue of what caused the crack. For instance, if crack was due to settling, erosion, or water table settling, additional settling or shifting may take place and crack my reappear. You might also take a look at Torque Lock at http://www.torque-lock.com/

Old 11-02-05, 05:23 PM
definitely get professional help, also have all the plumbing pressure tested for leaks.

steve