Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Leak around the water fountain in my tub!

Old 11-08-05, 04:58 PM
Kremlar
Visiting Guest

I'm noticing a water leak coming from around the little water fountain in my tub. It seems where the fountain mounts to the underneath of the tub is leaking. There seems to be a hard plastic sealer/glue around where it meets the tub, but one side of where it mounts to the tub seems to be missing that glue/sealer.

Anyone have any advice on what I could do to repair it?

It seems like I need to apply some of that glue/sealer, but what should I be buying? I want to make sure I use the right stuff.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-05, 12:04 PM
Kremlar
Visiting Guest
Sorry - I meant a water fall. It's a low pressure, maybe 8 inch long 'waterfall' that is in my tub.

It's lower pressure than a jet, but I'm assuming whatever someone would use to seal a jet would seal this as well...

Old 11-12-05, 07:29 AM
Kremlar
Visiting Guest
Just wanted to followup. The gunk holding the waterfall piece in place was silicone, not glue - I was mistaken.

I tried adding more silicone, and it didn't seem to help. I ended up pulling the whole piece off, pulling as much of the silicone off as possible. I then put a layer of silicone on the piece before fitting it back in place and screwing it down. When I screwed it down it sandwiched the silicone in place. I then went ahead and lined the area around the piece with as much silicone as possible.

Let it cure and took my first dip this AM, so far so good!