50 amp electrical sub panel

Old 11-16-05, 05:44 PM
MonkeyBrain
Visiting Guest
50 amp electrical sub panel

I just purchased a used Marquis Leisure series spa. The Spa is presently wired for a 50 Amp 240 V circuit. It has a 50 Amp sub panel located 10 feet from the spa and the sub panel connects to the the main board via antoher 50 amp breaker.
My house has a 200 Amp main electrical supply with only one single slot available for additional breakers. The present owner is allowing me to take the 50 amp sub panel. I plan on hiring a licensed electrician, but I wanted to get advice on how best to wire the Spa given my present electrical situation. Thanks in advance. MB

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-05, 09:03 AM
D
DPW
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spa Sub Pannel

MB,

Your on the correct track to hire an electrician to do the install. They will take care of the wiring. Unless you are very experienced in electrial installations of this type I would leave it to the professionals. If wired incorrectly you can fry your equipment and worse case burn the house down. Don't worry about how to do the job just hire the electrician!

Guru of Pools
at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

Last edited by Annette; 11-29-05 at 10:11 AM. Reason: removed business website from signature - not allowed
Old 11-17-05, 05:17 PM
MonkeyBrain
Visiting Guest
Talking Couldn't agree with you more

I have the electrician coming out next week. He told me that he would remove one of the breakers above the blank to free up 2 slots for the 50 AMP fuse. He would then use a dual breaker for the original connection that he had just removed to maintain the original power.
Thanks for your help. What good is a spa without the house!