Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Filter has very low PSI, and low suction ???

Old 03-01-06, 04:59 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a inground concrete pool in Florida, just replaced filter to a hayward 1200 and pump is strong, I had air bubbles in the pump basket before the filter switch over and they are still present, which leads me to believe there is an leak on the suction side, the pool has the bottom drain that goes to skimmer first then only one line form the 2 in the skimmer, actually suck back to the pump........PSI is like 7 and I can continuly open that air valve to let air escape and fill the filter. water circulation is poor, there are 3 return lines, all small and only one has significant flow to circ the water......pool had some debris in the bottom mostly leaves and such, we did vac them out.....how can I first make sure the lines are not clogged thus reducing suction, and second cure the air bubbbles in the basket ? I do have one of those black rubber drail unclog deals that u attach the garden hose to blast a clog away........if I close off the return the psi will increase and filter the water more ..correct, or is the problem not enough water suction thru the pump ??...thanks

Old 03-03-06, 07:09 AM
M
Your problem sounds like an o-ring under the strainer basket lid.

Old 03-05-06, 06:43 PM
R
replaces rubber o-ring, PSI has not increased .... ????

Old 03-06-06, 02:59 PM
M
I took a small plastic toy ball, about an inch in diameter and dropped it down each skimmer, and retrieved it at the pump basket, to check for clogs.

If you have a valve where the two skimmer suction lines join up to go to the pump basket you can cut off one at a time and see if the bubbles in the pump basket goes away.

Old 03-06-06, 05:26 PM
P
Check the threaded fitting at the front of the pump, make sure it is seated and sealed. Also make sure to grease the pump pot o-ring if you changed it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: