can i

Old 03-31-06, 03:38 PM
cruelneo
Visiting Guest
can i

i want to drain my pool and resurface how hard is this and does anyone know where i can find a manual also does anyone know where i can find or what stuff i use thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-06, 10:33 PM
Josh2006
Visiting Guest
This isn't usually something that people do themseleves. You may want to consult a local replastering company to do this job for you. I don't know of any guides that would help you do this. Most GOOD pool stores should be able to get the supplies for you.

Old 04-09-06, 07:00 AM
Cruel Neo

I heard someone say one time "if ya need an instruction manual --- you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place"

I hate that saying. I really do. But in the case of pool plastering --- it certainly applies.

It is intense --- and requires about 4-6 EXPERIENCED workers. There's very little time for learning on the job. Just watching a plaster job would be enough to make you run, not walk, but run to your nearest Yellow Pages.

As for the preliminary/prep work -- a DIY-er could probably handle this after they knew what they were doing. But the money saved here is probably not worth it. (I do plaster prep work for a living and I'm not sure if the money MADE is worth it, LOL)

In regards to draining your pool --- certain procedures must be taken to issues like hydrostatic pressure. The consequences for negligence or inexperience here is enough to make you shudder.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-09-06, 10:02 AM
Josh2006
Visiting Guest
If you need to find a local company you can contact the National Pool Plasterers Council.
http://www.npconline.org