Zodiac G3-G4 automatic pool cleaner

Old 04-17-06, 09:27 AM
Smile Zodiac G3-G4 automatic pool cleaner

Anyone have opinions/experience on/with these two products? Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-06, 12:01 PM
Baracuda G3

My pool came with a Baracuda G3 unit - minus a few parts; the Flow Keeper valve, the Pool Pulse and other little things that seem needed to ensure proper operation(?). But it does work pretty good when I get the pool valving and the other (split) skimmer closed.

I like the way it works overall but...

My pool has straight return jets and a spill-over spa. The return jets tend to blow the hose over to one side of the pool, limiting the range of the G3, The spill-over, when on, "traps" the hose in the flow. The pool main drains tend to suck the G3 in place.

So I don't know if the lack of a couple parts and the non-directional returns are my biggest problem, but I can set my valves to find a delicate balance between it all.

I think it would be great if my pool was set up as in their manual so I could see how it's intended to work but my G3 hangs on one curve by the steps from time to time. I'm sure it's due to "eye balling" the flow between all things.

I think it's a cool device and a great time saver but I don't know if I would pay the price for one (I'm cheap ) I might've, but I WILL look into getting the other parts.

I'm sure my "problems" are due to missing parts/features and eye-balling the flows but overall, I like it.

baracuda.com has all the info and manuals.

Last edited by Cienega32; 05-07-06 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-07-06, 04:59 PM
Additional...

After playing around with it most of the weekend and having to improvise with adapters I'm definitely getting the needed parts.

I finally found a bit of a sweet spot with everything and this thing is cool. Climbs up to the water level (finally) and just cranks around the pool.

It's a "new" house so the G3 is missing a few parts and the pool is what it is. I'll retract my comment about maybe not buying one - I would.