first time pool owner?

Old 04-18-06, 06:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
first time pool owner?

We just purchased a repo home with an in ground pool. I have never had any kind of pool and do not know where to start, other than cleaning it out because it is full of trash and smells even worse.
Now the pool only has about a foot of dirty water. After removing this water and picking out all the trash, should I scrub the pool with some type of cleaner? The tile around the top has a white powder scum look to it.

I am told the pool uses salt but I do not have a clue of where or how the salt is used. More investigative work of brand and model of equipment is in order, still moving in and haven't looked at the equipment.

Old 04-18-06, 01:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
empty in-ground pools can be heaved up & out of the ground, or the walls can collapse inward without the weight & pressure of the water.

i'd get to filling that thing pronto, and put in a call to your local pool company. for a reasonable fee, they'll come out & "open" your pool for you (add appropriate chemicals, turn everything on, service the pump & stuff) and teach you how to maintain it.

we're in the exact same boat as you (1st timers) & that's what we're doing.

Old 04-18-06, 02:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
As to the salt, you may have a chlorine generator similar to this:

http://www.intheswim.com/Commercial-Pool-Equipment/Automated-Pool-Chemical-Feeders/Hayward-H-40-Chlorine-Generator/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: