possibly getting screwed, need advice.

Old 04-25-06, 12:51 PM
possibly getting screwed, need advice.

long story short. i'm a first time pool owner. i just had a pool built by a reputable builder. pool is complete and operational. the other day the project manager shows up and states that the pebbletech guys covered up one of the return lines. i have two right now but i guess i'm supposed to have three. they come back a day later, drain 2-3ft of water and look for the return. no luck, couldnt find it. they said they would get back to me. they also stated it wont effect the performance of my pool. my ??. what should i do? importance of more return lines?? any advice, explanation of return importance, etc... appreciated.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-06, 06:57 PM
depending on the size pool 2 returns may be adaquite but 3 would be better, the object of a return is to move the surface water so it may be skimmed as well as circulated.

Old 04-25-06, 08:14 PM
thanks. its not a big pool. almost 10000 gallon, aprox. 76' perimeter. i was looking at it today and it does seem like 2 returns will be adequate. i still think that it is a mistake that never should have been made. i called them today but no reply. i cant believe that it wouldnt be there. i hope its just covered by the pebbletec but we'll see. i paid alot of money for this pool so i guess thats why i'm a little erked.
thanks again

Old 04-27-06, 11:36 AM
my question is:

how do you cover up a return line? is it capped?

if not, will water be leaking behind?

Old 04-27-06, 05:59 PM
yes that is true and this will be a major prolbem if its not capped off. I would really ride the case because there are some pool companys that will Stick ya and leave. I wouldn't just call i make a trip to see them.. Contact the BBB and inquire about their reputation, ask what to do , you may be able to get a complaint started and this might bluff them into fixing the prolbem.

Good Luck

Old 04-27-06, 07:24 PM
Do you have a plan or design of your pool? If you do and it shows three return lines and you only have two, give the company an opportunity to fix it. Ask the pool company if they are willing to warrant in writing that the covered return line is of no consequence. If they refuse, get estimates for the repair from other pool companies and take them to court.

The installer can jerk you around about how three aren't really necessary, but that's not the point. You paid for three return lines.

Old 04-28-06, 07:08 AM
thanks guys. i am still waiting for their reply. its been a couple of days now and i still havent heard from them.
yes i have the plans and they show 3 return lines. i dont know if its capped. i am guessing its not. when they came out to look at it they drained some water out of the pool and then tried to see if they could find it by seepage coming out of the pebbletec. there wasnt any seepage so they were unsuccessful in locating it. whether its even there or not nobody knows.

"The installer can jerk you around about how three aren't really necessary, but that's not the point. You paid for three return lines."
EXACTLY, thanks. this pool was alot of money for us.