The Dreaded Blue Pool

Old 04-28-06, 09:26 AM
april
Visiting Guest
Cool The Dreaded Blue Pool

Being on well water and limited funds, we have decided on the inflatable ringed pool 15' x 30". We had a smaller version before and the filter pump that comes with it is worthless as everyone knows. I would rather spend more money on a different pump to keep it clean.
Please tell me the most efficient pump I can get for this size. Are automatic pool cleaners, chlorinators, vacuums, available for above ground pools?

Thanx for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-06, 09:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 29 Votes on 23 Posts
Pretty much anything you can get for an in-ground you can get for an above ground. Here's a sample of above-ground pumps and filters:

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Filters-and-Pumps/Filters-and-Pumps-for-Above-Ground-Pools/

Old 04-28-06, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yes , go with a sand filter and pump combo, i think Heyward had one we spec'ed with all the Above ground poolswe sold , i think it was a s-166t sand filter with a 3/4 hp pump will be adequate. Chlorinater are good but you can drop 1-2 tabs in the skimmer and it does the same thing , however if you can get the chlorinater adjusted properly they are a blessing. just remember that to keep the water balanced and please check for metals in the water(well) you can encounter some prolbems with metals in the water if they are a high concentration.