leak in pool liner

Old 05-03-06, 11:03 AM
leak in pool liner

I know I have a leak in my liner but I can't find it. The pool people what to charge me $300 to find the leak! I really can't afford that and I have patched a leak before I just can't find this one can you tell me what I can do to find this one. I know I will need to pump out the water because it is scummy but then what.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-06, 12:41 PM
it may be leaking around the skimmer or return plates, or the steps (inground). i don't understand why everyone want to drain the pools when they have a prolbem. in my experience (15 yrs) its better to treat the water there than risk losing a liner.

Old 05-09-06, 08:36 AM
i had a major leak last year. i put in my own inground and made some rookie mistakes.

anyway, i got that syringe that shoots a die like product and i swam around the pool, slowly releasing the dye near the steps, skimmer, light fixture, etc.

i found a few leaks. a few of which i was able to fix and one that i can't (or haven't yet fixed) at the steps.

it is a cheap way to go to find the leak. chances are you don't have a leak anywhere else unless you know for sure something metal scraped the bottom of the liner or something.

Old 05-16-06, 07:23 AM
Smile

Thank you all for the advice. I will treat the water and then find the leak. will let you know