pool liner

Old 05-28-06, 08:09 AM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
pool liner

I have a 24 round above ground pool by branchbrook. I had to drain this year because of alge and liner falling off the track.My question when I snapped the liner back in place and started to fill sometime during the night the whole liner fell in. Is there some kind of trick to hold those snap on liners in place. It looks like a verry small lip that holds it Thanks Cliff

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-06, 01:30 PM
Angry

the liner has shrunk. you will need to replace it.

Old 05-30-06, 03:02 PM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
pool liner

i tried in vain again to get liner to stay on but it popped off again This time it bent the wall I hope I can push it back. Liners can shrink that much it seemed when filling with water to much downward pressure was on the liner and wall. How high should the cove be mine is only a few inches

Old 05-30-06, 04:16 PM
vinyl can shrink a substantial amount, it varies but you are fighting a losing battle. the cove should be a couple of inches tall, but it varies also depending on the installer/ manafacturer. they can be as high as 6-8 inches.

Old 05-30-06, 05:25 PM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
pool liner

So in your opinion getting a new liner should solve this problem. I cant see how it could be anything else i also hope they sell the plastic strips the beaded liner fits ito as this time a couple broke

Old 05-31-06, 01:08 PM
yes the strips are available. what happens is when a above ground liner is installed there is several inches of overlap that is trimmed away so the top rail can be installed and have a finished appearence. how long has the present liner been out of the pool? if its been a 3 days or more then yes the liner has shrunk or the ground has settled a substantial amount(unlikely).

Old 06-03-06, 04:53 AM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
pool liner

Well I bought new liner and if It ever stops raining in NJ i wikk try to install

Old 06-11-06, 03:05 AM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
pool liner now pump problem

Success new liner installed looks great now Hayward pump not working shaft frozen. How do you seperate the pump from motor.The 4 long bolts through the housing snapped off. I seperated the pump housing and took off impeller How do I seperate from pump

Old 06-12-06, 12:51 PM
Arrow

Congrats on the liner install.
if i remember, there should be some bolts behind the impeller housing, but if you have stripped the 4 housing bolts you may be cheaper to replace the entire pump. i replaced a superpump on a inground cheaper than i could buy the motor, pump seal, impeller, and various gaskets . new pump was $380.
new parts were like $280 plus 75 dollars labor to change the old parts out of the old pump housing and $ 40 for a electricitian to do the wiring.