Removing Stains in Fiberglass Spa?

Old 05-31-06, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing Stains in Fiberglass Spa?

Is there a way to remove stains in an in-ground fiberglass spa or even recoat the spa? The spa is 20 years old and leaf debrie and other organcis collecting during non use left stains over the years. The recoat I would be willing to pay someone to do if requires more skill/experience then I have.

Any thoughts appreciated

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-06, 01:18 PM
call a bodyshop(car) that does fiberglass work you may be able to get them to recommend someone or they may take the job on themself. what you need is a new gelcoat applied. i have never done any gelcoat repair but repairing fiberglass is not difficult, just time consuming.

Old 06-09-06, 01:59 PM
Fiberglass Redo

Originally Posted by rkruz
Is there a way to remove stains in an in-ground fiberglass spa or even recoat the spa? The spa is 20 years old and leaf debrie and other organcis collecting during non use left stains over the years. The recoat I would be willing to pay someone to do if requires more skill/experience then I have.

Any thoughts appreciated

thank you
The process is to sand the old finish until it is clear of all junk and stains, right down to the base is best. Then apply a coat of fiberglass paint primer. Then coat with a fiberglass pool paint.

It is a heck of a job to do without proper equipment. It is the same process used on fiberglass swimming pools.

Old 06-09-06, 03:28 PM
thank you. I think now after looking at the shell that it is an acrylic. So I hear maybe bleach will help and Ill try that.