Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

52 inch pool liner in a 54 inch Pool or is it?

52 inch pool liner in a 54 inch Pool or is it?

Old 05-31-06, 05:59 PM
Question 52 inch pool liner in a 54 inch Pool or is it?

I got a used pool from somebody and ordered a 52 inch beaded liner because I thought that was the tallest liner available for an above ground pool. However today I found a website that sold 54 inch liners. My pool wall is 53 and 1/2 inches tall and I originally figured the extra 1 and 1/2 inches was due to the sand and coving in bottom of pool. Now I am very confused and might be stuck with a liner that's too small. The pool is 30 feet in diameter so the liner wasn't cheap. What size beaded pool liner should I use for this pool and if it is a 54 inch liner can I still acceptably use the 52 inch liner by making the coves taller like 8 or 10 inches high instead of 4 to 6 inches? Please help. Thanks. Because I am stuck with the liner, if it is the wrong size and can't be acceptably used I'm seriously thinking about cutting 2 inches off the top so it will be okay. Any thoughts on this? I'm getting desperate in my confusion.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-06, 10:02 AM
I'm not an expert here, but measure your old liner to see what the measurement is from bead to seam. See how the new one is.
Seems to me the worst that you need to do is that if it IS too short, add more sand to the bottom, tamp and roll it well a little wet, then install the new liner.

Hope that helps.....I just noticed that no one replied, so I wanted to help.

Good luck!

Frank D. (I installed my own 30' AG pool a few years ago)

Old 06-04-06, 06:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm no expert either but it would seem to me it would be easier and wiser to sink the walls an 1" or so than to cut them lower. Might also prevent a rough cut from tearing the liner.

Old 06-05-06, 08:55 AM
build up the bottom including the cove around the perimeter. the liner may stretch some but not much, unless it has a expandable bottom.

Old 05-23-07, 12:53 PM
Could you please tell me where you found a 54" beaded liner online? We've looked and looked, and can only find 48" or 52"! I would really appreciate your help!! Thanks.