Pool pump pressure too strong

Old 06-19-06, 10:58 AM
Bonesy
Visiting Guest
Pool pump pressure too strong

When cleaning my pool I'm noticing that the cleaner attachment is getting stuck to the bottom of the pool. I have a 3-way valve that I adjust when I clean. This started happening a vew months ago and I just dealt with it, pushing like crazy basically. Is there a way to decrease the suction pressure when cleaning? I can't really explain my pool pump system but it is very typcial for the area I live in. In ground, 10k gallons. South Florida. I think it is a Hayword.

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-06, 12:47 PM
Have you tried NOT adjusting the three way valve?

If it is what I think it might be, the valve closes off one skimmer and you use the remianing one to vacuum. Is that correct?

Old 06-27-06, 04:08 PM
Bonesy
Visiting Guest

Yes. I adjust the valve and put it on "main" which I believe shuts off the suction to the main. I'm vacuuming out of the skimmer and the pressure is pretty strong. I have tried simply not changing the valve and the pressure is a bit light. It's doable but not that great. The strange thing is that the first few years I was vacuuming, the pressure seemed just right.

Old 06-27-06, 07:31 PM
Just turn the valve part way. This happend to me when they changed my pump from a 1.5 to a 2 horse pump.