Iron in water

Old 06-21-06, 11:25 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Iron in water

I currently have a very small (1300 gal) pool, but am looking at putting in a larger 25,000+ soon. My problem is, I filled the small pool up using our well water and it is full of iron (very red/brown). I can't even see down past a foot. I have shocked it a couple of times and it is getting better, but at this rate it will not be clean until the fall. What is the best way to clear it up? If I build a large pool, will I need to have water brought in?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-22-06, 12:36 PM
do you get that in your home also? sounds like the well pump is pulling silt.
if its not then try a chealeating agent.
this is a chem used to remove metals in pool water.

Old 06-27-06, 12:41 PM
R
I have very heavy Iron here at my well at my home, and just filled an 18,000 pool, shocked it and after 1 day was clear, still cleaning red from the cartrage filter at each cleaning...something is wrong if your is still cloudy, run the pump 24/7 until it clears

my water is so bad we dont drink it, we do wash and flush with it, but turns a shower curtain red in about 4 days, water system will cost about $ 4-5000, just have to deal with it right now, had it tested, no bacteria, just heavy iron concentration

found a cleaner called the works at the dollar store, really helps wit hthe iron stains, but I would not put it in the pool

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: