Replacement Aboveground Pool Wall?

Old 06-24-06, 06:09 PM
PascoDoug
Visiting Guest
Angry Replacement Aboveground Pool Wall?

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement wall for my 18' aboveground swimming pool?

The current wall (I assume it is steel) has alot of rust in one area, including a large hole which has rusted completely through. The rest of the pool is fine though, so I'd hate to trash the whole thing. Buying a new pool is also not an option.

So are there any suppliers for replacement pool walls? A Google search didn't turn up anything for me. Pool walls also don't seem to be a standard part at pool supply/parts websites.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-06, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I've priced these before.

Time to buy a new pool. Seriously. The cost of a wall alone is only about $200 less than the cost of the entire pool. Throw in incentives and freebies for buying new, and you will lose money just buying the wall. Add in to that you get a whole new pump, etc.

Old 06-25-06, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may have a little luck searching the want ads of your local newspaper. Maybe somebody is tired of the pool & want it gone?

Old 06-25-06, 11:39 AM
pendragon was right you may as well bite the bullet and get an entire new pool you have to start over anyway as far as putting the pool back up plus youll get all new parts and hardware with a new pool plus lots of years of enjoyment like the old saying goes you usually get what you pay for

Old 06-25-06, 02:38 PM
well if you really, really, want to repair it, call around and check some metal welding shops. the area could possibaly be cut out and have a patch rewelded in place. now there is a good chance it wouldn't work, but it is a option. any reputable shop or welder could easily cut and mig or tig weld a patch, but like i said before this is a long shot.

Old 06-25-06, 03:54 PM
PascoDoug
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Pendragon
I've priced these before.

Time to buy a new pool. Seriously. The cost of a wall alone is only about $200 less than the cost of the entire pool. Throw in incentives and freebies for buying new, and you will lose money just buying the wall. Add in to that you get a whole new pump, etc.

Where did you price these pool walls? I can't find a supplier anywhere.

As for new equipment, I really don't need new stuff as I just bought a brand new pump and put new sand in the filter. There's also the fact that my pool is sunk 2' into the ground and has a custom deck bult around half of it. I doubt a new pool would conform exactly to the outline of the old. I would have to cut the deck planks to fit. I'd much rather just drop a new wall in

I'm beginning to think (as someone else suggested here) that salvaging a wall from a used pool that someone wants to get rid of the best route...

Old 06-25-06, 04:00 PM
PascoDoug
Visiting Guest
Well I just found this on ebay. Still a bit pricey though

http://cgi.ebay.com/Above-ground-swimming-pool-wall_W0QQitemZ4471399592QQihZ001QQcategoryZ116405QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-10-08, 11:53 AM
fiberglass

I got an automotive fiberglass repair kit from Napa and fixed a hole made by a 2 x 10 that was put through our pool during a sheer wind event. It has held very well. I first riveted a square of sheet metal to the inside. The fiberglassing is also on the inside. Much cheaper then buying new walls!!

Old 07-08-08, 09:14 PM
Good luck pascodoug

I have been trying since last year only because 1. The married couple that I got the pool from were able to go to a place in South Lyon, MI, they got a replacement for it but; not long ago they got divorced and so I was only able to track down and talk with the ex hsuband, he said he couldn't remember where he got the replacement walls? How could he forget; you got me? As to the ex wife I can't locate her at all, I tried. I looked all over the internet for it in the South Lyon area and even drove to that area and asked around at the only pool and spa place I could find. I even talked with someone who worked at a pool place way back when I was getting supplies and mentioned this mysterious company and he said he knew about em and stated yes you can get new walls, but at that time I didn't need walls. My opinion is it is a well kept secret and the pool industry as a whole won't say because they want us to buy new pools. I am in the same boat as you basicaly, fairly new 1hp Hayward pump motor, perfectly good condition 250lb sand filter with rebuilt valve and plumbing, new skimmer and so on and so forth. I also since talked with a pool installer that I sort of work with, same plant, and he said you can get them too, so I am calling him tomorrow as a last resort, I have his cell number.