Old gunite pool light

Old 07-10-06, 11:08 AM
Old gunite pool light

We have an older gunite pool that was renevated last year. Since that was done, the light keeps coming out and ends up hanging the pool. I can't seem to how the tabs would keep it from coming out. Does the water have to be dropped below the light fixture? Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-06, 11:27 AM
You just have to get it in right. There is a tab at the top of the fixture and a matching tab at the top of the housing. You have to get one behind the other then line up the screw at the bottom. I've spent a half hour getting one in right...

Old 07-10-06, 11:33 AM
gunite pool light

Did you have to lower the water lever? I see the tab on one side. It looks like a difference kind of tab on the other. I don't know if it a tab the old owners put on? It looks like it is on backwards. I know this probable doesn't make sense

Old 07-10-06, 11:38 AM
No, but my arms are long enough I can do it lying on the pool deck. Get in the water and do it if ya need to....

Old 07-13-06, 09:47 PM
They also make a pool light wedge if the tab in the light nitch is broken. Make sure power is off and the light is on a GFI before you work on the light with the water in the pool.

Old 07-14-06, 04:59 AM
Gunute pool light.

Thanks for all your help. I was able to get the light back in. WHen the contractor renevated the pool, they had some material that sat in the "tab". I cleaned it out, and it seemed to be in pretty good.