chemical question

Old 07-11-06, 07:01 AM
chemical question

just setting up my 2ft.pool and read that I need to add chemicals to it,I guess clorine but it don't tell me what to buy,can someone guide me on what to get.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 09:20 AM
what size is the pool?

Old 07-11-06, 09:33 AM
14 around and 2ft deep,keep in mind i never had a pool and I am clueless on all of this stuff,I hope its not a stupid question,and where can I get the supplies I may need

Old 07-11-06, 09:37 AM
are you sure? that aprox. 160 gals of water.
is there a pump and filter??

Old 07-11-06, 09:39 AM
sorry,it may be more I think it holds about 1300 gal,its has a filter,I got the pool in sports aut.it called a leisure pool

Old 07-11-06, 10:00 AM
my bad, i was doing the formula for sq. pools. the actual gals is somewhere in the neighborhood of 7000 gals, ( 3.14 x r2 x d x 7.5 ) , grab a sample of water aprox. 2 + qts in a NEW gal ziplock and run down to your local pool supply and request a water sample test. that amount of water will not be extremely costly to treat. you will need 1 tab or stik chl. in the skimmer at a time and shock with 1lb granular chl. so i would buy a small tub of stiks or tab chl. and a small pail of granular, a qt. of a 60 % poly quat algeacide. this is the basic sanitizer chems you will need. there are many options for sanitizers other than chl. however they are more expensive but in return you get a easier pool care.
please talk to you retail pool supplier, they are more familar with you water chemistry that i could be ,due to the distance and source makeup of your water supply.
i'll be willing to help answer any questions you have, once you make a choice for sanatizers. some of the new stuff that is out i'm not to familiar with but can get answers in a day or so from some of my old chem reps i have dealt with over the years.

Old 07-11-06, 10:47 AM
do you know a good pool supply in nyc

Old 07-11-06, 12:04 PM
no, but you can search for pool supplies online. i perfer and recommend bioguard pool products, they seem to be the top of the line chems, then there is HTH by Oin chems. and i'm sure there are others, these are the 2 i mainly deal with. What most do is go to WM or some major chain store and buy their chl. and then rely on pool stores to bail them out when theres a prolbem. pool stores can be a dime a dozen, i would ask around your area and seek recommendations from neighbors, freinds and work aquaintences.
that way you will have a idea on what to expect when you walk into the door.
Word of mouth avertising is the best or the worst for any business.

Old 07-11-06, 02:40 PM
thanks VC,I will look around

Old 07-12-06, 02:50 PM
good luck.