Small crack on filter.. fix?

Old 07-15-06, 04:41 PM
Small crack on filter.. fix?

Hi all.

I have a Pool Co sand filter. On the 7 Way Multiport Valve, near the pressure gauge, there is a small crack leaking water (comes out a pretty good clip actually).
Before spending 100$+, the guy at the pool store said I might be able to stop the leak somehow.
Does anyone know of a product I can put on to seal/fix the crack?
I`m not very handy, so if there is a plumbing product or some such thing I would love a push in the right direction.
I assume I would have to take the valve off and dry it out real good to do this.

Thanks for any help

Adam

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-06, 08:26 AM
you can try JB WELD, it is a very useful product. its a cheap fix if it works,and 9 out of 10 times it will, but if it doesn't, you will need to replace the valve housing, or it may be cheaper to replace the whole valve, and save the old valve for parts.
when using JB just follow the directions, you will probably be able to make the repair right there with everything in place.

Old 07-16-06, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by VC-Racing
you can try JB WELD, it is a very useful product. its a cheap fix if it works,and 9 out of 10 times it will, but if it doesn't, you will need to replace the valve housing, or it may be cheaper to replace the whole valve, and save the old valve for parts.
when using JB just follow the directions, you will probably be able to make the repair right there with everything in place.
Thanks, will give that a shot. Worth a try, at least.

Adam