Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Inline Chlorinator Clogged--How Do I Clean?

Old 07-30-06, 07:11 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our inline Hayward Chlorinator looks like there is a lot of hard buildup where the the water goes through at the top (small, skinny plastic opening.

How can I clean this to remove all the buildup?

Thanks

Edited to add: It's the CL-200 model

Old 07-31-06, 10:47 AM
M
Well, I took an ice pick and pushed it down, removing the buildup around it. Hopefully it worked.

I don't think it was keeping water from coming out, but it was getting close to it if I didn't get rid of the crusty buildup.

Old 07-31-06, 01:43 PM
M
I don't use Hayward chlorinators so I cannot be of any first hand experience help. But, It does not look too difficult from looking at the schematics.

If your unit is properly piped in it has screw unions so that it can be easily taken out of the line. It has a area in the main to draw water into the unit where it goes past the regulator valve first. Be sure there is no damage in that venturi type area and that the valve is clean and operational. Then the water flows into the chlorinator chamber and out through the other tube. Be sure that is clear all the way back into the venturi type area in the main pipe again. You should be able to take it all apart and spray water through all the parts.

The thing works by forcing some of the water through the chlorinator. If any of the venturi type area is damaged it might not be forcing any water through the chlorinator chamber. I suppose you could leave the top off while the pump is runninf and see real quick that the water is entering the chamber, and that you can regulate it with the valve.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: