Hot tub won't turn off

Old 08-03-06, 05:49 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot tub won't turn off

I have a Sundance hot tob made in 1992. I had it disconnected and drained for a couple months and I just moved it to its new location and reconnected the power.

I have verified it is getting 240V. I have also started to fill it up. Below the control panel there are access doors to where the motor, timer and heater are. The doors have magnets on them so the system knows when the doors are closed, it then turns on the motor.

Something doesn't seem to be right, when I close the doors the motor turns on. This would be normal but for the fact that I can't seem to get it to go off. I have unplugged the unit, pressed all the buttons, even spun the timer around a few times...all with no change.

Any ideal with this?

Old 08-04-06, 10:01 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So before you moved it, when you opened the door it shut off?
If so, your solenoid/contactor (or whatever mechanism) that is suppose to open the circuit isn't functioning. Open circuit=door open and shut off. Closed circuit=closed door and pump running

Old 08-06-06, 09:50 AM
T
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
When you first fill the Tub - the heater will try to heat to operating temperature - and the "low speed" motor will stay on. This can take up to 6 hours.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: