New chlorine generator

Old 08-23-06, 05:51 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New chlorine generator

I just had a Clearwater LM24 installed on my 90,000 litre vinyl liner inground pool. I'm converting from from stabilized chlorine (Bioguard Smart Sticks). The free chlorine level of the pool at time of installation was very high and I'm wondering if I should just leave the Clearwater unit off until the level drops? Will this damage the salt cell or cause any other problems? Everything else is balanced.
I also want to know if running the pump 24/7 is OK with a salt system.

Old 08-24-06, 06:30 AM
U
I can answer part of your question. I have a chlorine generator (DelOzone), that we run 24/7. This is our second year and no problems.

I do remember the instructions saying something about running the pump/filter without the generator turned on for the first couple of days (don't know why - may have been on a new pool only). Check your unit's instructions for any similar cautions.

Old 08-24-06, 12:53 PM
back when i worked for a pool supply, we sold dolphin chl. generators, very good product, very expensive product though. i am taking a stab in the dark here but if i remember correctly, it was to supply a steady amount of sanitizer, while the pump and filter was running. i DO NOT think you were able to completly shut off the supply of sanitizer , but to regulate it so that it does supply a constant amount of sanatizer.
the only thing i can recommend is that you keep a close eye on the salt level and never allow the system to run dry, which can damage the elements used to perform the chemical reaction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: