help closing pool

Old 09-06-06, 10:14 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help closing pool

I have been asked to close my folks pool for them this season basically because their not happy with any of the service they get from local pool people in the area. I found tons of info on the net about closings but I'm not clear on a few things. Some info first. They are in NJ so it must be treated for cold weather. The pool is 23,000 gallon with Hayward equip. I have 2 large plugs, 3 smaller ones and a plasting plug with threads on it to seal the lines. There are 3 pvc return lines with shut off valves on each one next to the pump that go directly to the variflo valve. There are 2 lines next to those that go to the pump basket. I assume one is from the skimmer and the other is from the drain at the bottom of the pool. The filter is DE. Blowing out the lines is what has me scratching my head. All the info I have found is vague on this. All the return lines are glued together so where would I blow them out from? Also does the main drain at the bottom get blown out too? I would think water would just rush back in as soon as the air pressure stopped. I could use a hand. thanks joe

Old 10-11-06, 09:26 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
joe

did you get the info you needed? if not, i can help.

bob

Old 10-12-06, 04:14 AM
Group Moderator
Received 67 Votes on 56 Posts
Smile

He's going to need some help from one of you Yankee pool guys. The coldest my pool water gets in winter down here is about 60 degrees.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: