Polaris hose keeps twisting. Help

Old 11-12-06, 08:24 AM
BAM
Polaris hose keeps twisting. Help

My polaris hose keeps twisting up on itself. I know to check the small filter at the end of the hose where it attaches to the side of pool as this will cause the pressure to change and cause the hose to kink up. So, I'm assuming it must be a pressure problem somewhere else? Any tips from my pool experts out there?

Thanks for anything you can suggest except a workorder from a pool company.

Babs in Dallas, TX

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-06, 08:31 AM
Wink

Are you sure that you dont have too long of hose on it there??????? Some times a small float on the hose sometimes helps

ED

Old 11-12-06, 08:37 AM
BAM
The hose is right length

The hose is the right length and has been working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. So, that's not it. Any other thoughts?

Old 11-12-06, 08:42 AM
Wink

Check where the hose goes into the unit. That should be lose like so it can turn and not twist the hose.

Old 11-13-06, 06:21 AM
My Polaris has a swivel coupling about half-way down the line, and another where it attaches to the pool. Those swivels seemed to keep my hose from winding up - at first, but I suspect they don't turn as easily after some wear. I determined that despite those swivels, the hose winds up if the cleaner is making considerably more turns in one direction than the other. I adjusted the jet nozzle on the back, from side to side, until the unit seemed to make about the same number of lefts and rights (takes quite a while to observe enough for a judgement). When I had that right, the hose stayed straighter. I think a small drop of silicone lubricant might also help the swivels. Hope this helps.

Old 11-14-06, 12:01 AM
This is a common issue with cleaners. The hose develops a "memory" after using the cleaner for awhile. A simple fix is to remove the cleaner from the pool and stretch the hose out on your deck for a full day allowing the hose to get direct sunlight. This should help this problem.

Josh