Leaky Spa Repair

Old 04-04-07, 10:45 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leaky Spa Repair

I have a gunite pool with a spillover spa. The spa has one main water pipe and four jets and has a leak.

The spa water level drops down to the lowest jet within a few hours if I just leave the pump off. It drops with the pump on, too.

I plugged the jets and used the main pipe to feed water into the spa. The water level remains unchanged. When I unplug one jet, the water level drops regardless of which jet I unplug.

I don't want anyone breaking up my deck to repair the jet as it has a river rock covering and there's no way to match it.

Some outfits advertise deck saver repairs by doing epoxy injection. I also read ads claiming to repipe a home when the copper plumbing is leaking from pin holes.

Is anyone here familiar with or has experience with the epoxy method? Does it work? Will it last?

How about the repipe method? Can that be an option?

I'm sure the leak is behind one of the jets and just under the deck. No breaking the deck. Not an option at this time until I decide to get rid of the river rock and resurface.

Thanks for any info.

Old 04-06-07, 10:54 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just curious - what happens if you turn the valves to the spa off after it's full?

I have a similar situation but it seems to level out to the water level in the pool and with the valves off, it stays full.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: