above ground pool installation

Old 04-23-07, 10:03 AM
above ground pool installation

Hello,

Just bought a new 24' above ground pool (Eclipse). Question about the bottom ring assembly and pad location. Package came with 18 bottom rings but 17 supports, top plates etc., the instructions say 17 for all. Problem is when I only use 17 of the bottom rings the diameter isn't right, and when I use 18 the diameter is right. These rings are built so they interlock with each other but the instructions say to leave gap between each one. The pads do not hold rings at all so unless they are interlocked nothing is stable. I've seen pictures of rings all interlocked during assembly. I am usually pretty mechanically inclined, but this one is getting me. Can anyone please help?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-07, 09:51 AM
not to familar with that brand, i did look at their site and if you look closely they appear to have a small gap between the lower brackets , i think that once you assemble the leg supports and install the wall you will begin to see things improve. you want to ensure that you are assembling the structure on level ground, that has been tamped firm atleast around where your concrete pads will be installed. this is a major thing most people overlook and then disaster happens.
Most above ground pools are very unstable until you get water in them, they get the strenght from the wieght of the water pushing out on the wall, wall caps and support legs.

Old 04-24-07, 11:01 AM
Thanks VC-Racing. Last night I assembled rings exactly per instructions and diameter was about a half a ring long. Then it hit me, I measured the arc of ring and multiplied by 17 to get circumference of ring butted up. Next I figured circumference of 24' diameter pool, subtracted these answers and divided by 17 to give me the space between rings. It turns out about 1.5 inches less than instructions, laid this out and got the right diameter although it sure seems like it's going to be tough to put up wall with these rings moving around. Any chance you could post a link to their website pictures, I can't find anything. Thanks again

Old 04-28-07, 06:24 AM
try this http://www.arthurspools.com/abovegroundpoolinstallation/abovegroundpoolinstallation.htm

Old 05-08-07, 08:30 AM
Update: Pool is up & full of water, although my premonition of trouble was spot on. Found after much frustration trying to set wall into slot in rail it was easier to slip rail onto wall and adjust to position. Another thing that really helped was I drove in some 1"x2"x6' stakes around wall and c-clamped as I went. I would recommend a calm day to do this, we fought the wind all day until load of water came. My two sons ages 12 & 14 helped me get this thing up, had 4 others help with liner due to wind. This was definitely a job for a DYI but could have been easier with better instructions for the first timer.

Old 05-08-07, 09:22 AM
Wink

Sometimes its just best to call the company that made the thing. Ask them.