gunite spa jet replacement

Old 05-31-07, 05:32 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gunite spa jet replacement

I have an in ground gunite spa with pvc eyeball jets. The srew-on rings that hold the eyeball in place no longer stay on due to the threaded portion of the male pvc part that is installed into the wall of the pool is badly worn.
I need to remove that male part out of the gunite to replace it. It is attached to what appears to be 1 1/2 pvc piping inside the spa wall.
My neighbor also has the same problem. Looking at how this part is made I have to assume that this is a common problem.
Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem? I really dont want to start chiseling out the jet. Is that part glued to the inside pipe with pvc cement? Does anyone know any tricks? Thanx.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-07, 08:59 AM
L
I don't know about your spa but my in-ground pool returns accept the threaded collar like your system. I had the same problem and discovered the male threaded part screwed out of the return socket....very tight but it did come out....just a suggestion.

Old 06-02-07, 02:31 PM
T
Cool gunite spa jet replacement

I have the same situation with an inground, gunite spa with spa jet escutcheons that were badly deteriotated. I purchased a small hacksaw for tight places (Home Depot) and scored in at least four places on the inside of the housing after removing the faceplat and eyeball. I also used a Dremel tool with the tougher ones. I chiseled out six using several sizes of flathead screwdrivers. It didn't take as long as I had anticipated. Once it is scored several time it released relatively easily as I worked around the perimeter. Now I am searching for the replacement parts for the same diameter pvc. Suggestions?