Bird droppings in pool

Old 06-02-07, 07:44 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face bird droppings

I have a problem with bird droppings in my pool. I understand the reason for this is that the mother birds clean all the droppings from their babies and want to drop it over water. I don't know how to solve this problem. It seems that my pool is the only one affected in my neighborhood.
Once the babies fly their nest the birds stop the droppings. I assume it will be another week or so

Last edited by twelvepole; 06-02-07 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Post separated from 6-year-old thread
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-07, 07:47 AM
L
I too got the owls and placed them near my pool on the deck. That didn't work. The first week it did but after that it didn't do anything. Anyother suggestions???

Old 06-02-07, 02:42 PM
T
Keep your chemicals at proper levels to control bacteria. Cover pool when not in use. Some report success weaving a grid of fishing line above pool and out of reach of kids and adults. People report using all kinds of devices--rubber snakes, owls, stringing CDs from the gutters, etc. One person swears that leaving a large floating dolphin in the pool works. Those who use owls report moving them around every day. Birds get used to something that stays in the same place all the time. The problem will cease when the baby birds are out of the nest.

Old 06-27-07, 11:47 AM
do you mean that you have tree limbs with birds' nests hanging out over your pool?? if so, trim the tree - problem solved.