Inground pool skimmer - diy installation

Old 06-16-07, 07:50 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Inground pool skimmer - diy installation

Hello there! I'm new to the forums, and obviously stumbled here with a question, and I'd really appreciate any help that could be given!

When my family and I moved into our house three years ago, my mom had someone come out and give us an estimate on our in-ground pool because we found out it hadn't been opened in about 15 years. The guy told us that the filtering system was great, and he'd really suggest that we work on getting a new deck, but other than a good power wash and paint job, the only thing we really needed to open the pool was new skimmers. He told us this would cost us $3,000. Now, I'm no pool expert, but being the internet savvy chick I am, I looked up skimmers online, and so far the most expensive one I've found is about $160, and I really don't think they could charge THAT much for labor, so I kind of think the guy was trying to scam us.

I'm guessing my mom never felt the need to look up this information online, but seeing as I would love to jump into my pool every morning, I've decided that I'll save up the money and pay for it all myself. Now my question is, are skimmers terribly hard to install by yourself? Would anyone be able to give me detailed instructions on how to install the skimmers? Also, how would I know exactly which skimmers to get?

Thanks so much!

Old 06-16-07, 09:25 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Your Skimmer Problem

new skimmers are easily replaced, and you are right about the the online price, its probably about 150. i doubt if skimmers alone would keep your filtration system from working though, it's probably something else. email me your problem and i'll see what i can do online.
aquatechpools@gmail.com

www.penguinpool.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: