green scale?

Old 06-22-07, 02:39 PM
green scale?

I've had a lot of water clarity issues with my inground pool. I've finally got that licked and the water is clear, however shocked to death and full of algecide. My question is...I have what appears to be green scale on the walls of the pool. It does not come free with hard brushing. The 'white' entry stairs are the same. No cleanser removes the green stain. After opening the pool was fine, clean and crystal clear. Regardless of being diligent with cleaning, cloudiness and other issues I now have this green buildup. It's a vinyl liner. Any ideas?

thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-07, 03:07 PM
Group Moderator
What type of algaecide have you been using? I'm thinking a copper-based one might give you a green staining.

Old 06-23-07, 03:28 AM
the algaecide label says Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides...sounds tastey

Old 06-23-07, 05:10 AM
Group Moderator
Yummy. Well, shoots down the copper theory and green algae should brush off fairly easily. I'm stumped. I haven't used them, but there are kits to identify stains if it appears to BE stains.

Old 06-23-07, 07:38 AM
thanks tow guy...well at least the pool is clear, there's enough chlorine to remove flesh, but she's clear...if the wife tells me one more time to convert to salt, I'm throwing her in!!

Old 06-23-07, 12:30 PM
There are many types of stains, some that actuallt come from the back of the liner. What color green is it? Is it scattered or in a pattern? It sounds like it might be black algea which will not just brush off. If you can take a good piture I can help further.