3000 gallon Intex pool

Old 07-09-07, 07:52 AM
3000 gallon Intex pool

I have a 3000 gallon Intex pool and it seems impossible to keep the water clear. Ive gobe through this last year. It got cloudy and i tried every product available, but nothing helped.

This year, its been open for a month and its cloudy already. I keep up with the chlorine but it seems that a little bit of algea always forms at the bottom of the south side. Because the walls angle inward, there is always shade there. It seems like just that little bit of algea contributes to the cloudyness - but Im not sure. In any case I firgured regular chlorinization and weekly shock would do the trick.

I know others that have these kinds of pools and they have the same problem. is it the pool/filter? Is cloudy water inevitable with these pools?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-07, 09:42 AM
Your cloudiness is caused by lack of filtration. The little cartridge filter that comes with these pools are truly not sufficient. I would suggest a larger filter and pump. If thats not in your budget then you must filter 24hours a day 7 days a week. You must clean the cartridge every 3-4 days. Put cartridge in a bucket of hot water with a teaspoon of cascade, soak an hour rinse well and put back together. You also need to make sure your chlorine is kept up 1.5-2.0 ppm a floating chlorinator should be ok. The algea is from poor circulation if your chlorine levels are good. Good luck...

Old 07-09-07, 11:20 AM
I kind of figured it was the filter/pump.

24/7 filtering? What kind of energy do these pumps use - do you know?

And why clean with Cascade? Its not enough to rinse it off with a hose with good pressure?

Old 07-09-07, 04:32 PM
Also, how can it be that I shock my pool and the next day it is completely green?

Old 07-10-07, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by rkoudelka View Post
I kind of figured it was the filter/pump.

24/7 filtering? What kind of energy do these pumps use - do you know? The ones that come with that pool probably $12-$20 a month

And why clean with Cascade? Its not enough to rinse it off with a hose with good pressure?
Cascade will take the oils and minerals that the filter is catching out, it renews filter. Excellent for hot tubs especially.

It depends on the shock you're using, shock is made to bring chlorine level very high then in 6 hours back down to normal level. However if you don't keep tabs in there you'll have no chlorine.