Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Unlevel above ground pool--what can be done?

Old 07-15-07, 11:37 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I bought a used 24' round above ground pool & hired a company to install it. They brought in a load of sand & a bobcat because my backyard is on a slope. They assembled the pool with pavers under the supports, put in a new liner, and started to fill it. After the water started going in, the installer said that the bottom of the pool was out of level by about 2", but that it would be fine because the top of the pool was level. I don't know anything about it & went with what he said. Now (a couple of days later) the pool is full of water but the water level is way off. On the far side of the pool the water is deeper than the side with the pump & skimmer. In order to get the water to reach even 1.5" over the bottom of the skimmer I have to fill the pool so that the water on the far side touches the coping. The pump is running with very low pressure. I am going to call him tomorrow to fix it. I'm just wondering what he can do? Will we have to drain the entire pool & have him start over? This could be expensive for me to waste 13,000 gallons of water & then have to buy them again. Can he just get a wide mouth skimmer (instead of the regular one we have) and cut a new hole lower so that the water will reach it? Is there a danger that the pool will collapse? I have 4 small children & don't want them to get in if there is a possibility that the sides will cave in.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-07, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It will have to be drained and re leveled.