Water coming from Pool light/ground pipe

Old 07-18-07, 07:12 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Water coming from Pool light/ground pipe

I bought a home w/20x40 inground pool. The pool light was NOT on a GFCI outlet. I reconstructed w/gfci etc and it worked great until last winter/this summer. I found the pool light bulb had blown apart and replaced it... it works... however, while digging around the external box, I found NO conduit from the box to the pipe leading above ground to the light which is under water. The pipe also has a hefty green gound wire separate from the pool lights cable which has a black, red and green wire.. Here's the problem: after unearthing and finding no conduit, the pipe feom the light is CONSTANTLY running water onto the ground. This pipe is ABOVE the water line in the pool and I am concerned that it means the return pipe (near the pool light pipe) is leaking and leaching into the pool light pipe. Anyone have any idea on how to solve my problem, other than digging up the entirearea between the return and light pipes?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-07, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Don't really understand your problem, you said there is no conduit coming from light but then you said the pipe from light it leaking. Please explain so I can help...