12 volt pool light wiring

Old 07-28-07, 06:07 AM
Question 12 volt pool light wiring

I am running the wiring for an inground 12 volt pool light with thhn/thwn in 1" pvc coduit. The subpanel is mounted just inside house wall, and then conduit out to the transformer mounted about 100 ft away. I am running the black, white, and green from the panel to the transformer, and then from the transformer to the hayward pool approved junction box 5 ft. from the pool wall. My question is---does the green (#12) ground wire need to been unbroken from the subpanel in the house all the way to the light junction box, or can it be broken and connected at the transformer(pool approved)? I know it must be unbroken, except for certain instances such as approved juction box, switch, etc,, but not sure if transformer is one of them. The 12 volt light transformer has a ground bar to specifically connect the ground wires. If it has to be unbroken, I would have to run it through the transformer box and remove some insulation and connect a jumper wire to the ground bar on the transformer. Thanks in advance for answering my question--I need to know as soon as possible so I can continue.

Thanks,

Poolman

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-07, 07:01 AM
I think if you pigtail the green at the transformer it would be the same as unbroken.