New to the pool world

Old 08-02-07, 08:39 AM
New to the pool world

Hi, I just moved in to a home with a large above ground oval shaped pool. I believe the previous owners must have put the liner in themselves because the are several wrinkles and indentations along the bottom of the pool. When we first moved in I just vacumed the pool quickly, mainly to get the leaves and major dirt off the bottom. Yesterday I decide to really get in there and do a good job because we have a few guests coming over this weekend. While I was cleaning it I realized that in that indentations the dirt wasn't coming up so I decided to rub it gently with my toes but when I was almost done I realized that one of the spots appears to be a hole. It is like if you droped a quarter and slice halfway around it. I'm really not sure If I 100% need to replace the liner right now or could just patch it someway for now. and if I can patch it, Do I have to drain it? Please help..... I'm so new at the pool thing, I can't even imagine replacing the liner 2 days after we moved in.....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-07, 12:32 PM
Absolutely not, you don't have to replace it. It is easy to patch, go to local pool store and purchase a patch kit, will come with glue and a piece of patching material(vinyl). The whole was caused by your vac pole, someone must have pushed the end of it into liner. Anyhow, cut a patch about a 1/3 bigger than hole(cut a circle, not square). Place small amount of glue on patch (just enough to cover). Fold patch in half and hold together with fingers, dive down, open patch and place over hole. Spread patch with finger to get air and water out so you get a good bond. Do not disturb patch for 24 hours.

Old 08-09-07, 08:02 AM
Thanks I plan to get to it this weekend!!!I'll let u know how it goes