Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Above Ground Pool has slow leak, how to find it

Old 08-06-07, 02:57 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

We have a 24 foot pool, 48 inches high. new liner. it has a slow leak by the wall away from the intake and outtake. The ground is damp and where the wall meets the ground where the sand is suppose to be tight to the touch, it bounces a little when you push on it. We bought a seal kit and put it on last night, it seems to have work. the ground doesn't seem to be that damp, no small puddle like before and the temp here is 98 degrees. not sure if i got it or not. is there a method a product (i heard there was a dye you could buy), that would tell where the leak is? not losing that much what, but i have to be sure. how is this done? im sure there is an easier way than diving down and checking over 200 times with your fingers. please help. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-07, 04:32 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have always heard to use red food coloring. Did a quick search, and red food coloring is a recommended method for finding leaks in above ground pools. Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_find_a_leak_in_the_vinyl_liner_of_an_above_ground_pool