Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Vacuum To Waste? and also Water Clarification...

Old 09-04-07, 09:53 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I take it all pumps don't have the option to "vacuum to waste?" I'm using a water treatment that's supposed to settle everything to the bottom, but it says in bold letters, "DO NOT VACUUM TO FILTER," but instead to vacuum to waste. I've looked all over my pump AND read the manual and there doesn't seem to be any valve that makes this possible. Is it really going to matter if I can just clean the filter right afterwards? Also, it said it was supposed to take 12-24 hours (leaving the pool undisturbed with the filter off) to work, but we've just passed that and it still seems to have A LOT more settling to do. All of the algae should be dead from treating it with an algaecide, as directed, so is this normal that it's taking so long? Is there something else I can/should do or is it going to just take a little patience? Thanks!

Old 09-04-07, 10:36 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trikageon
I take it all pumps don't have the option to "vacuum to waste?" I'm using a water treatment that's supposed to settle everything to the bottom, but it says in bold letters, "DO NOT VACUUM TO FILTER," but instead to vacuum to waste. I've looked all over my pump AND read the manual and there doesn't seem to be any valve that makes this possible. Is it really going to matter if I can just clean the filter right afterwards? Also, it said it was supposed to take 12-24 hours (leaving the pool undisturbed with the filter off) to work, but we've just passed that and it still seems to have A LOT more settling to do. All of the algae should be dead from treating it with an algaecide, as directed, so is this normal that it's taking so long? Is there something else I can/should do or is it going to just take a little patience? Thanks!
Vac to waste should be on your multiport valve that is on your filter not the pump. It should just say WASTE.

Algeacide alone will not kill your algae, you need to shock pool with chlorine.

If it has not settled you might not have dosed pool enough.

If you vac into filter, more than likely it will imediately bypass filter and return to pool.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: