Hayward H100ID pool heater

Old 09-07-07, 06:58 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Hayward H100ID pool heater

Hi all,
I have a Hayward H100ID pool heater. Its 3 years old. The heater worked good this year till last week. Here is what it does now, when turned on the fan starts then it ignights and the flame comes on. I can see the flame throu the little peephole and feel the heat comming out the vent. The flame stays on for about 10 seconds then goes out but the blower fan stays on. the water flow pressure is good, the propaine tank is full, and the pool filter is clean. I can turn the heater off and back on and it will do the same, flame on then shut off.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-07, 09:45 AM
sounds like it is getting to hot and shutting itself down via high limits. It could be a couple things, take apart to get to fan housing and make sure there are no obstructions inside like wasp nest, pine needles ect. Also need to look at heat exchanger and check for blockage on the fins. Mice will build nests on top of heat exchanger causing the heat not to go through or the heater could have sooted up and there is soot blocking fins. Sooting is usually caused by low gas pressure or running the tank dry.

If you feel comfortable doing it, you will have to break the heater down to the exchanger.

Let me know if I can help.

Old 09-07-07, 03:30 PM
S
Thumbs up

thanks,
Come to think of it i did have to get rid of some wasps building in the vent. I'll rip it down and let you know what i find.

Thank you very much!

Old 09-08-07, 09:24 AM
S
Talking

Tod,
Thanks for your help. here is what i found. I took off the vent and blower and found nothing. But when i was disconnecting the wires and a little hose that went to the blower and a sencer some little dead bugs fell out. I put it all back together and wala, it works. Guess what else i found? In the back tucked away was the owners manual. The dealer i bought it from said he could not find it, LOL.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-08-07, 09:35 AM
Very welcome, glad I could help....

Old 10-03-07, 08:39 AM
P
Check to make sure you have the flow direction correct. I crossed the inlet and outlet this year and was seeing the same thing- running for a few minutes, then shutting off. When I switched them, it was fine.

Old 10-03-07, 10:13 AM
Sounds like your high limit is shutting down heater, you want to check for obstructions in the heat path through blower. Your heat exchanger may also be sooted and need to be cleaned.