Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

inground pool w/pavers - installing pool ladder

Old 09-12-07, 02:40 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I removed my existing pool ladder and footings and will need to re-install it correctly. long story but it was installed several years ago incorrectly with the former owner of my home. i have brick pavers set in sand and the original ladder with the pool was the non removable type - a new loop loc cover was purchased and the ladder had to be upgraded to the removable type with sleves set below ground. That ladder was incorrectly installed and the footing was done wrong set and much to high. For the last 5 years or so the top of the concrete footing was higher than the level of my pavers, thus done totally wrong. I have finally got a chance to work on this and have removed the entire footing. is there anyting that i need to be aware of when reinstaling, I am not sure about how much concrete i should be usinsg and shoudl i be pouring separate footings for each leg of the ladder or one large pad should be used (an inch below the bottom of the pavers etc.) which would be better etc. any comments would be welcomed. thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-07, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm assuming you are using ladder anchors or a ladder anchor jig(best). typically they are set into 4"-6" concrete and about 3' from pool edge. I'm also assuming you are pourin the concrete and placing anchors under your pavers? I would also use a couple pieces of rebar about a foot long and put through the holes in bottom of anchors.