How Seal Inground Pool Leak

Old 09-13-07, 09:33 AM
Question How Seal Inground Pool Leak

My inground pool is leaking at the pool light receptacle. The water is coming in around the grounding screw and the conduit that brings in the electrical wires. What do I use to seal around the grounding screw and conduit and where do I buy it??

Last edited by mattison; 09-13-07 at 09:40 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed. Please read the rules.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-07, 09:48 AM
I sorta need a little more help...pictures is always nice. But you say water is getting IN. Water is supposed to be in your pool. In fact, there would be water in the conduit all the way back to the point where the conduit comes above the water level.

Is the water getting into electrical panels or something else far away from the waters edge?

Is water getting OUT of your pool? Exactly where?

I guess I am confused a bit, naturally.

Old 09-13-07, 10:27 AM
How Seal Inground Pool Leak

I was leaking water continuously from my inground pool. The leaked water was just going into the ground, site unseen. Leak experts determined that the leak from the pool was at the pool light through the grounding screw and where the electrical conduit connects to the pool light receptacle. I need to know what to use to seal these leak areas and where to buy it. H. Reynolds

Old 09-13-07, 10:32 AM
hreynolds, It sounds to me like your grounding lug in side your niche has come loose? If this is the case you can get a 2 part epoxy called pool putty from your local pool store, cut equal parts and combine with fingers completely, then apply and seal all around leak. You can use this underwater, make sure to smooth edges to seal and keep in mind this will harden rock hard in 24-48 hours.