MiniMax NT 300DV problems

Old 10-05-07, 07:48 PM
Question MiniMax NT 300DV problems

I've just had a new inground pool installed with a pentair minimax 300 DV gas heater. The unit has been in use for two weeks with no problems until just recently. I called the service techs, and after a week and a half, they finally came up with a fix.
The heater will only work with the front panel removed and the stamped metal heat shield off. If they put it back on, the heater would not fire. It would go through the proper stages.... fan, pilot, ignition, but it failed to ignite and after three trys, it would shut down and post a "fan failure" error code on the display.
They "claim" the manufacturer has advised them to simply drill air holes to allow more air. My thoughts are this heat shield will now allow hot air into the front panel of the unit and shorten the life of the control module if not melt the thermo fuse...
I spent a large amount of coin on this pool, and I was hoping for a more professional fix.... I have a hard time believing this "band-aid" is a long-term repair. Any advice out there

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-07, 07:58 PM
I've never heard of such, the manufacturer would not tell a tech to simply drill holes. I would contact the manufacturer and ask for a rep to make a visit to your home. They have reps all over the country and they are very good about sending one if needed. If heater has a problem they'll correct it properly or replace it.

Old 10-05-07, 08:33 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks, I didn't want to doubt "the pro", but the fix just didn't feel right. I will contact PentAir directly and get another opinion..... much appreciated