Waterfall Plans

Old 10-10-07, 03:21 PM
Lightbulb Waterfall Plans

I was wondering if you had any tips on how to build or add a waterfall feature to a new inground pool. I currently have a 3 ft concrete deck surrounding my vinyl inground pool and may try to build my own waterfall. My concerns were the obvious costs of having it done professionally, or to DIY. I'm a competent handyman. Some of the ideas I've played around with, were to gather my own stones or possibly build them using either a concrete or resin based product. Any recommendations or sites I should readup on.....
thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-07, 07:41 PM
waterfall plans

There are a number of companies that build pre-made water falls that you can add to your pool then you would only have to do some trenching and plumbing. Just a note -in pool design classes they teach that a waterfall higher than 2 feet will not look right. In other words on a flat lot don't go over 2 feet high , if the area behind the pool is 3feet high don't go over 5 feet etc. Of course you can do what looks good to you they just tell us it won't look natural, but then again neither does a crystal blue pool and we ALL love that look.Check out inter-fab in a search and look at their echoes of nature as a starting point, even if you handbuild it ,this should give you some ideas on scale and color etc.