"No Flow" message on Chlorine Generator

Old 11-15-07, 05:44 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
"No Flow" message on Chlorine Generator

I have an Aqua-rite chlorine generator on my pool and it's worked great for 2 summers now. Yesterday, I noticed the "no flow" LED is lit even though the pump is running. I'm getting plenty of flow, I even backflushed to be sure and the water flow is very strong. I pulled off the cell and looked through the PVC to the metal in-line flow detector and it moves freely and appears to not be corroded in any way. The gray flow detector wire leading to the control box is not damaged from what I can see. Any hints? Should I check to see that the wire is properly connected to the control box? Thanks for any hints.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-07, 06:12 PM
You probably need to remove cell and clean. It need to be soaked in muriatic acid and water solution.

Old 11-16-07, 05:20 AM
S
Would a dirty cell cause the "no flow" LED to be lit? I would expect that to cause the "check cell" light to come on. The owner's manual says to check the flow detector wire but does not mention checking the cell. I will try that though, just to rule it out and because I've never cleaned the cell.

Old 11-16-07, 07:52 AM
Yes it will cause it, it should be cleaned yearly.

Old 11-16-07, 08:52 AM
M
Any restriction can cause a no flow light to come on. From a partially stopped up filter to the cell dirty.

You can use an ohmmeter to check if the switch is opening/closing with the flow. If so then you need to look at the control. If not, then it could be the switch itself or still a low flow problem. How is the water flow out the jets of the pool?

You can turn the switch in the Tee. It will screw all the way out. It needs to be properly aligned in the Tee. If you can see to it then it is probably ok.

Don't rule out a poor connection at the control box. It is a simple RJ-11 and subject to wet location corrosion.